vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Altimeter / Altitude Reader apps: can't get them to record multiple named altitude readings etc [migrated]


I am looking for an integrate barometer-based (not GPS-based) altitude reader / altimeter for Android which can be used when going hiking in a way which would make it acceptably useful. It should do the following:



  • At the beginning of the hike, I should be able to click on "New Hike".

  • At any point in time during the hike, I should be able to press a button to record the current altitude in meters together with the current time and I should also be able to specify a name so that I can give the name of a landmark (e.g. "bottom house", "first river", "bunch of mushrooms", "red flowers", "first mountain peek", etc...) so that when I look back at the list I can see the altitude. This would be useful since it could help when using a map which has level curves marking altitude differences and altitude marks. Optionally, I should also be able to take a picture and associate it with such recorded altitude reading.

  • At the end of the hike, I must be able to click on save, to save the list, giving the list of altitude readings, times, text, and pictures a name (such name appears in the list of hikes accessible from the application).

  • Optionally, the application must be able to display a graph with time on the x-axis, altitude on the y-axis, and image thumbnails along the graph which when clicked also display the corresponding text.

  • For each hike, each entry in the list of absolute time+altitude+text+thumbnail entries also displays the time lapse and altitude lapse as differential measurements automatically computed from the previous entry or zero for the first entry.

  • Optionally, the GPS coordinates of each entry in each hike list should also be stored.


I have searched and searched, but cannot find any Android apps which carry out the above behavior. If anyone knows where I can find such an app, then please let me know.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire