vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Can I use multipoint bluetooth headset with both tablet and phone?


Although this somewhat tricky question involves a bluetooth headset, I believe it is fundamentally an android question:


What I want to do is to have my phone paired to my headset (for listening to podcasts, taking calls, etc.) and then, once in a while, have my tablet connected to the headset (for watching videos or whatever), WITHOUT losing the connection to the phone, i.e. I want the phone to take over the connection if there is an incoming call or an audio notification. I bought the LG HBS-700 headset which contains something called multipoint bluetooth, which I believe should allow me to do exactly this. This is actually a very good headset, however I have not been able to get this to work. If I pair with my tablet, I don't get phone calls on the headset, and I have to pair with my phone again after.


Here is what the manual for the headset says:




  • To enter Multi-Connection mode:

    1. Connect your HBS-700 to the device you wish to use for making calls.

    2. Power off the HBS-7003. Place your HBS-700 into pairing mode and pair/connect to a Bluetooth Stereoenabled audio device (not your handset). (This Bluetooth Stereo enabled audiodevice must only support the A2DP/AVRCP profiles, not the headset/hands-free profiles)

    3. Once the Bluetooth Stereo enabled device is paired and connected, press theCALL button once briefl y on the HBS-700 to reconnect with the handset (onlythe headset/hands-free profi le will connect).

    4. The handset is now paired with the headset/hands-free profi le of the HBS-700.The Bluetooth Stereo enabled audio device is paired with A2DP/AVRCP stereoprofi les.





So what I gather from the emphasized text above is that my tablet must NOT support a certain profile, and since I can't get it working this probably means my tablet does indeed support that profile. So this leads me to a few questions:




  1. How can I check what bluetooth profiles my tablet support?




  2. If my tablet does indeed support A2DP/AVRCP can I somehow disable this to fool my handset? I.e is there a android setting or an app that that will allow me to disable that profile?




  3. If not, is there some software setup that would allow me to stream the sound from my tablet to my phone, which would then stream it to my headset? I realize this is completely crazy and weird but you never know!




  4. If that is not possible is it possible to buy a headset which is multipoint bluetooth and without the limitation on bluetooth profiles (apologies for question 4 which I realize is not an Android question, but a bluetooth question, but if you followed me so far down this long and winded road I had to try!)




The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the tablet an Acer Iconia A1, but I don't think those brands are fundamental to the question.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire