vendredi 27 février 2015

What is a cops.log file?


Suddenly my internal storage was totally full. Many things didn't work anymore in my phone including wifi and my launcher (even the option in the settings disappeared). Some apps crashed also.


So I looked for a solution for that and found a really helpful article. It suggests to move files to sd card and remove unnecessary files, including logs. Manually looking for log files did not yield many results. After performing a search (with ES file explorer) I came accross a cops.log file of 580mb. Since I only have 1.2GB of internal storage available that is a really significant chunk of space being occupied by a log file. I moved it to SD card to be sure and deleted it from the internal storage, giving me roughly 600mb of free space.


I have no idea where this file came from or what it is used for. Also that suspicious name makes me even more curious. What is the cops.log file and how did it get there/what is it used for. Why did it suddenly fill up so fast.


I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace II GT-I8160, rooted, recently (a few weeks ago) flashed to Resurrection Remix. Still a low number of apps installed.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire