mercredi 25 février 2015

Is there any way to optimise google maps on Android?


Google Maps has become so slow on Android. I remember it used to be slick - and then probably sometime about a year or 2 ago, there was an update where they refreshed the look and combined the navigation app into it but it made the app really slow.


Loading up takes a couple of seconds. It would be really sluggish when typing in the address etc. eVerything just takes a little longer to load.


I have a flagship phone too (HTC M8) so there's no reason for it to be slow. IF you download Waze and compare it side by side, you can see how slow Google Maps has become.


MY question is, is there a way to optimise Google Maps so that it runs properly again? I know on the web version, there is a lite mode, is there such a thing on the Android version? Are there settings I can turn off? I don't really need a lot of the features like the 3d etc.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire