dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Android emulator not responding after a while


I have a script that installs an apk file, launches it, and uninstalls it afterwards (using adb) on the android emulator. (After installation I get a response from the terminal: rm failed for -f, No such file or directory while installing (using adb uninstall), but I don't think this is a problem) I repeat this for several apk files. But when I launch the android emulator, several minutes to several hours later, the emulator is not responding anymore. The spinning pinwheel appears, the only way to quit is to kill it via the terminal (using kill -9).


I have tried to change the two possible CPU/ABI Settings of an AVD to (ARM and Intelx86), but both settings result in the same problems. I have also tried different API levels (19 and 21), but also no luck there.


As I am running the emulator on a Mac, I thought the problem may be related to my OS, so I performed the same thing on a computer running Ubuntu. The same problem appears on both devices.


I have also captured the logcat files, but there are no similar error messages across these files.


As the only common element remains the installing and uninstalling of apk files, I have tried to use adb shell pm install after adb push, instead of using adb install, but the problem is not resolved.


Also, I have tried to run this on real phone as well, and after a while, it says that there is no memory space left. But when I go to the storage settings, the apps only take a few MBs, the pictures and audio part are also only a few MBs, but the available space is only 100MB or so, while I have available space of 4.5GB. The storage space is thus inconsistent.I don't know if this is related to the emulator not responding issue?


These are the parameters that I am using: Android SDK / AVD Manager on Mac OSX10.10 (64 bit) with Java version 1.7.0_65 and Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit) with Java version 1.8_0.25 Any idea (why or) how to figure why the emulator is not responding anymore?


Any help would be appreciated.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire