samedi 29 novembre 2014

Fire OS 4 Sangria -- Installing non - kindle/android programs


I am considering a purchase of Amazon's Fire HD 7 mainly because it is not such a burden on my tight budget these days. Its primary purpose will be to replace carrying around my textbooks and laptop around school all day. With that being said, I don't expect it to do too much else other than simple web browsing and storing my books, but if it can do more than that it would be nice. Although, this is almost certainly too much to ask of it.


I currently make heavy use of things like Rstudio, LaTeX, and Vim on my laptop among other things. I know the Android app store has some nice versions of LaTeX that I might be able to side load onto my HD 7, but I don't believe there are any Rstudio or Vim look-alikes.


Would a root of this device do the trick for the latter two? What about emulating Windows or Unix programs? Am I delusional for even thinking this?


I guess an alternative would be to get a Windows tablet for all these things (it also might not be able to do these things), but you know, Windows. And I was also looking forward to the Sangria UI.


Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire