dimanche 30 novembre 2014

No cellular network after OTA to lollipop (Nexus 4)


I have a Nexus 4 with Kitkat, working fine with t-mobile (USA). Yesterday, I did an OTA to Lollipop. But after that the cellular network only briefly works.


First problem, I encountered was the lack of data connection, but after I changed the APN setting, it worked...but only briefly. Every time I reboot the phone, it can make phone calls, and access the data network for a few minutes (or sometimes I have no access to begin with). But then the network indicator becomes either an 'empty triangle' or a 'full triangle with an exclamation point'. Then, I can't make phone calls or use the data afterwards.


Very strangely, I just found out that if I connect to wifi, I can make phone calls suddenly. If I turn off wifi, I can't make phone calls any more. What is going on?


Does anybody have the same problem? Does anybody a known workaround?


My current APN setting is:



T-Mobile GPRS

APN: fast.t-mobile.come
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms
MMS proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MMC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: none
MVNO value: not set


Further testing using '##4636##'



  • GSM service: in service

  • GPRS service: disconnected

  • Network type: UMTS

  • Call redirect: false

  • Call status: idle

  • radio resets: 0

  • data attempts : 0


  • data successes: 0




  • cellinfolistrate 2147483647



  • IMS registration required is 'off'

  • SMS over IMS is 'off'

  • SMSC: _______ [update][refresh]

  • Toggle DNS check: 0.0.0.0 not allowed





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire