lundi 29 décembre 2014

Chromecast impossible to set up


I had 2 Chromecast working just fine for a long time,one in the main network and the other in the second network in a room that is too far from the main router.


Then one day i disabled UPNP for security concerns and soon after I realized chromecast needed it and enabled it again, however i was never able to set up it again


I tried using many phones like Galaxy S4, RAZR D3, iPhone 6, Windows 7 PC, I tried resetting the Chromecast to factory defaults many times without success, then I tried the other Chromecast and reset it to factory defaults and could not set up it either, so the problem is on my network.


My wi-fi settings right now:



11n only,
Channel Width automatic,
channel is set to 11,
IGMP proxy disabled,
WPA2-PSK+AES with 54.000 seconds group key update period,
my password length is 13 with ! and () and numbers,
mac filtering disabled,
transmit power high,WMM enabled,
Short GI enabled,
AP isolation disabled,
beacon interval is 50,
RTS threshold is 2304,
fragmentation threshold 2346,
using a DHCP server,
UPNP enabled(again),
SPI firewall is enabled,
ALG all enabled but SIP ALG,
forbid ping packet from LAN,
ignore ping from WAN(tried without this too, so i don't think it is this),
parental control is disabled,
my router uses google dns by default.


My router is a TP-LINK TL-WR941ND my firmware is up to date(3.15.9 for V5 hardware) it is connected to another modem that just run as a bridge and nat disabled if i remember right I don't think it is a problem it with it.


I also tried moving the Chromecast to a TV that is right next to my router, still get can't see the chromecast on your network.


I also tried to give the Chromecast a permanent static ip, and port forward it using virtual servers on my router 2-65535 UDP and 2-65535 TCP but still setup won't complete


I don't know what more I can do other than just trash this stupid chromecast and back to see all my series on laptop.


Sometimes i'm able to cast my tab from a little time after a failed setup but then soon it will say 'no chromecast found', my pc runs comodo firewall however it was not giving me any problem and i tried to setup it with it disabled.


If you need any more info just ask it, i can run wireshark and send some prints if this can help too.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire