vendredi 28 novembre 2014

How can I copy playlists generated with builtin MP3-player (from Samsung s3 mini to Windows)?


I like to backup playlists (and possibly edit them on the PC) I've created via the Samsung s3 mini's MP3-player, since I have trouble with the way the smartphone deals with them:


Whenever I remove the SDHC memory card (after turning off the device of course), and re-insert it, then it forgets all files in the playlists which I have created with the built-in MP3 player (I want to create playlists while I am travelling in the train - so it is not of much use to create M3Us externally and put them in a folder of the SDHC card).


Now I have bought a bigger memory card, transferred all MP3 files to it and want to use it in the phone as replacement of the smaller card.


So I am looking for a way to backup the playlists (not the entire MP3 files, just the list containing the file names and path) and use them with the new memory card (paths are exactly the same, just more space available). Shouldn't be a problem, I thought, but Samsung made it complicated.


The phone has a playlist folder, containing the Playlists, but when I use a USB cable to connect it to the PC, I can see them (*.pla files) but they have 0 bytes and cannot be copied. Also, if I connect the SDHC card via cardreader, the files aren't useful.


Samsung Kies also did not work for me, it does not seem to support the playlists created on the phone.


I found this interesting question, which explains that Android stores playlists in SqlLite databases, but unfortunately, on my Samsung phone I could not find the database file (although there is a folder Computer\GT-I8190\Phone\Android\data\com.google.android.music which should contain it, but no databases subdirectory and no database files).




So to summarize my question:




  • Do you know how I can backup the playlists or extract the file/path info contained in them?




  • Or do you know if there is a tool available (for Android, or for Windows reading it from the mobile phone) converting the playlists into a compatible text format (like .m3u playlists)?

    (Note: The other way round it is possible, as this forum post explains)




Your help is much appreciated!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire