mardi 24 mars 2015

How do I Delete the 5.0.1 OTA Update on my Rooted Nexus 4?


A while back I rooted my phone and was pestered by the OTA 5.0.1 update that came shortly after.

Research led me to find a way to disable the event listeners that pop the notifications -- FANTASTIC! This worked for months...


Today, Snapchat decided to reboot my phone (as it regularly does) in a spectacular fashion that included a long vibration while the screen went dark.


Since my phone's come back online, the "System Update Downloaded" notification is sitting at the bottom of my notification tray; something that wasn't there before.


I've dug through my event listeners and confirmed the correct ones are still disabled, but now I'm hunting for a means to delete the downloaded update so as to remove the notification...


All my search results show the files should be .APK files in the /system/apps folder, but I have a /system/app folder -- no /apps. Another post mentioned they'd be in the /cache folder --- they are not....


Does anyone know where these OTA Updates are stored on Lollipop 5.0 so I can nuke 'em?


Thanks in advance for your assistance!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire